Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Welcome Hoppers!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Blog Hops are always so much fun!  Talking about fun, it was SO much fun being part of Quilting Arts TV Series 1400!!!!!!! The staff was AMAZING!!!!!!  I was really nervous, never being on TV before, but everyone was so kind and made us feel right at home.  There were a bunch of us filming that day, so I was able to meet some other designers.  We arrived early in the morning to get everything ready for the shoot.   

 Here I am getting all the steps laid out on my table.  I did a demo on using fusible web.
 Time for makeup!  
 Jeannine from Bernina showing me how to use the machine I would use in the set for the shoot.
 Susan Brubaker Knapp, the host of the show,  with me on the set.  It was so cool!!!

 We went over the steps a few times before we filmed, to make sure I knew what I was talking about :)

Kathie Stull , me and Katherine.  Right after filming...do I look relived?  

The shoot went well, I didn't even mess up ( I don't think so, anyway) 
   It was such a great experience to be part of this show!  
There are some incredible designers on this 1400 series.  You are going to have to check it out for sure!
  I was so inspired watching the other guest on the show and wanting to try some of the techniques they were demonstrating.    But that's what it's all about right?!!?  Sharing our talents and creativity with others! 
I LOVE the world of quilting!!!  Make sure you catch the episode on your local PBS station.  
Hop on over to Lyrics blog to see what she has in store for you.
Here's tomorrows line up.
July 24: Cheryl Sleboda (muppin.com/wordpress/) / Jane Sassaman (janesassaman.com/weblog)
           and Julie Creus   http://todera.blogspot.com/
July 25: Susan Brubaker Knapp (bluemoonriver.blogspot.com)

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing this episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I did a segment too, for the same series as a first timer. I loved it. The staff and Susan make it so comfortable and easy. Wasn't it great to have your make-up done for you?
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Steam-a-Seam 2 in that picture! Oh! to get my hands on some. I've been in withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete