Monday, June 20, 2011

Zuppa Toscana Soup



YUMMY!!!! This was soooo good!!!! OK, I have a weakness for recipes, I love to look through cookbooks. I get a couple of cooking magazines and sit up late at night and look at them, needless to say a get hungry. I go to the library and check out stacks of cookbooks to find new fast, easy and great new recipes. I just love new recipes that I can try on my family. They are really good about it too. I tell them they get to rate the new food from 1-10. They gave this one a 10 and want it again.


Here's the recipe-
1lb ground Italian Sausage
10 cups water
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1 large white onion chopped
1 c heavy cream
2 tsp garlic minced
7 large potatoes, sliced
5 bacon strips
1/4 bunch of Kale, chopped

Saute' sausage & red pepper in large pot. Remove from pan. In same pan, cook chopped bacon, onions and garlic until onions are soft. Add to pan, bouillon and water. Cook until boiling. Add sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about 20 or so minutes. Add cream and thoroughly heat. Stir in sausage. Add chopped kale stir well and serve.

Serve with some warm french bread, a tossed green salad loaded with crunchy veggies and ice cold lemonade. Top it off with a decadent chocolate cake.

I hope you enjoy! Have a great day, and remember life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment