Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sweet treats?

Well, you may not want to eat these candies. OK, here's what I did. This magnet board is going to be in my booth at Quilt Market this week (yikes, that happened fast).




I had this idea of using "candy" magnets to hold patterns. I searched all over to find some that would match my colors and decor of my booth. I found nothing. Time is ticking closer and closer to Market time. So then I had this thought, "What I'm I thinking, I can make some". So I did and here they are!!!! I worked on them most of the day off and on. I just think they're too stinkin' cute. (That sounds kind of conceded, but aren't they??)




Here they are close up.




I used the flat glass pebbles and painted glitter glue on the back, (it's hard to see) and then Mod Podged the paper on. After that was dry I wrapped them in cellophane and secured the ends with colored wire. Oh my gosh, I love them. I can't wait to use them. For now I have the board in my sewing room ready to go. Have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You nailed it - those sweet treats are too stinkin' cute! Can't wait to see your booth and wonderful new patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are too stinkin cute! What a great idea. And perfectly carried out too.

    ReplyDelete